What are the qualifications of the applicant to get a driver’s license?
As per the Vehicle and Transport Management Act, 2049 BS, the person applying for the driver’s license should not have the following disqualification.
1) A person under 21 years of age for a large vehicle.
2) Not less than 18 years for medium and small vehicles.
3) Not less than 16 years of age in the case of motorcycle and other small two-wheelers.
4) A person with epilepsy or insanity or sudden ringing or fainting.
5) A person who has poor eyesight but does not have normal eyesight even when using glasses.
6) Normal sound signal, deaf person.
7) Red, green, yellow, etc. can not immediately distinguish colors (color blind), a person with visual impairment.
8) A person with rancho.
9) A person who is unable to work due to a lack of strength of hands and feet. However, the restriction on this section will not apply to vehicles specially designed for the disabled.
10) Any person who has reached 60 years of age for large and medium public transport.
11) Driver’s license will not be issued for driving medium and large vehicles till the age of 2 years.
12) Not knowing how to read and write in the Nepali language.